If you think the Jersey Shore is only for the summer, think again. This area has plenty to do, even in the “off-season.” In fact, there are a number of festivals planned from now until the end of the year (including New Year’s Eve celebrations). Here are a few of the fun activities going on throughout September. For a full list of events check out this link.
- Sea Isle City 28th Annual Fall Family Festival: Going on September 16th and 17th, this festival has a craft market, food court, amusement rides, sand art, face painting, and live entertainment. There’s also an antique auto show, historical trolley tours, a dance party, and an antique auto parade.
- Wildwood Crest Seafarer’s Celebration: On September 23rd, you’ll want to check out the Bayfront Street Festival at Sunset Lake. The festivities include craft vendors, music, activities for children, food, and fireworks.
- 6th Annual Savor September Food, Wine and Beer Festival: Also on September 23rd, Stone Harbor will host a festival. This event will feature food, wine, and microbrews. You will also find art, music, and culture. There’s fun activities such as carnival games and a grape stomping competition, among other things.
- Irish Fall Festival: “The largest Irish Festival on the East Coast…” will run from September 21st to September 24th. This event has music, dancing, food, craft vendors, a golf tournament, beer garden, a 5k and 1 mile walk, and more. And, if you don’t know how to dance, don’t fret, there will be Irish dance lessons available.
- Sea Isle City Harbor Fest: Love seafood? Come out to Harborfest on September 30th. You can enjoy delicious eats, a clam eating contest, check out vendors (specialty and crafts), and live music.
- LBI Chowder Fest: This festival is a fun way to transition from summer to fall. The Chowderfest Weekend Merchants Mart happens on the 30th, and is free, but you can also attend the Chowder Cook off on October 1st with ticket purchase. The event on the 30th includes live music, beer, food, and kids activities.