Barbara Tomalino, daughter of the founder Andre has owned and operated Paramount Air Service since 1985. She operates Paramount on a daily, hands on basis, not only overseeing the company but filling in wherever needed. Barbara takes care of all of the sales and administrative duties, making sure that the flights are scheduled in accordance with the client’s wishes, schedules all of the employees time and work assignments, and makes banners and/or sets them up if an employee does not show up for work.
In addition to Barbara’s work keeping Paramount “up and flying” she has been active in many local and state organizations. She has volunteered on several boards for the economic growth of the area. Barbara served on the board of directors of the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce for nine years and president for three. She was the chair of the NJ Association of Women Business Owners, Cape May County Chapter. Barbara was appointed in 1992 by the Cape May County Freeholder Board to serve as the business representative to the South Jersey Economic Development District and continues on that board today. She has served on the boards of the New Jersey Travel and Resort Association, Southern Shore Region Tourism Council, New Jersey Travel Industry Association, and the Greater Wildwoods Tourism Improvement Development Authority.
Barbara has also been actively involved with the community serving for nine years as a Member of the Board of Cape Health Systems, Burdette Tomlin Memorial Hospital, Cape Regional Medical Center. She has served as a board member and as president of Cape Education Fund since 1983. Barbara is a founding member, Chairman, and trustee of the Cape Women’s Resource Fund. She has also been on the advisory boards for Cape May County Technical School District, Cape Assist, and Habitat for Humanity.
New Jersey Governors have appointed Barbara to serve on two state wide boards; South Jersey Port Corporation which she served for thirteen years as a director and was appointed Chairman by Governor Whitman, and as a Commissioner of the New Jersey Commerce, Economic Growth and Tourism Commission for eight years. Barbara was also appointed to the board of directors of the bi-state authority, the Ports of Philadelphia and Camden.
Barbara is a member of the Union League of Philadelphia.
- President/Owner Paramount Air Service
- Paramount Air Service is the nation’s oldest aerial advertising firm, serving the Delaware Valley and New Jersey Shore since 1945. Paramount owns and operates the “banner planes” along the New Jersey Shore.
- APPOINTMENTS-PUBLIC SECTOR
- NJ Commerce, Economic Growth, and Tourism Commission
- Port of Philadelphia and Camden-Director
- South Jersey Port Corporation-Director/Chair
- South Jersey Economic Development District-Director
- Greater Wildwoods Tourism Improvement Development Authority
- CORPORATE DIRECTORSHIPS
- Cape Health Systems
- Burdette Tomlin Memorial Hospital
- BUSINESS ORGANIZATION DIRECTORSHIPS
- Cape May County Chamber of Commerce Director/President
- New Jersey Travel Industry Association-Director/ex-offico
- New Jersey Travel and Resort Association-Director
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners Cape May Co.-President
- Southern Shore Region Tourism Council-Membership Chair
- CIVIC ORGANIZATION DIRECTORSHIPS
- Cape Education Fund- Board Member/President
- Cape Women’s Resource Fund- Trustee/ Chair
- Cape May County Technical School District-Advisory Committee Member
- America 2000 Educational Goals- Cape May County Chairman
- Cape Assist- Advisory Committee Member
- Habitat for Humanity-Director
- First Legislative District Republican Finance Committee- Chair / co-Chair
- Cape May County Republican Organization-Finance Chair
- Cape May County Women’s Republican Club- Trustee /Vice President
- Cape May County Republican Committeewoman Middle Township District 6
- “Woman of Achievement”- CMCo Advisory Commission of the Status of Women “Unsung Heroine”-Women’s Network of New Jersey “Women of Enterprise”-nominated by NJAWBO as one of only 4 N.J. women
- “Teal Heart”-New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners
- “Christopher Columbus Award”-Poor Richard Club of Philadelphia
- “Nancy Righter Award”-Atlantic Area Business & Professional Women