Is your marketing plan on life support? Maybe it’s time to start thinking outside the box, because that’s where you’ll find new ideas to boost your marketing results. When we say ‘think outside,’ we’re serious. We’re talking the BIG outside! Have you considered an advertising campaign writ large across the sky?
If you are thinking of taking your advertising to new heights with an aerial advertising campaign, here are five tips for getting the most impact from your aerial ad.
- Make a big impact with aerial photography. Invite a professional photographer along for the ride. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to capture stunning local footage you can later incorporate into your television or billboard advertising?
- Score a hit with a zany element. Bring along a passenger dressed in a Gorilla suit who waves at beach-goers below. It’s those unexpected touches of whimsy that help imprint your advertising message in the minds of onlookers.
- Keep the message short and snappy. Don’t write sentences in the sky. Make the message short: Two or three words on a banner printed in vivid colors will be more easily remembered.
- Include your logo. It’s hard for the average person to envision the actual size of an aerial ad. They are huge! Make sure your logo can be scaled proportionally to be visible at the altitude you plan to show off your banner.
- Use those images taken from the air. After the flight, process those images you recorded with your camera and incorporate them into your print advertising. An aerial image speaks louder than words. You’ll increase your marketing impact by including aerial photos in your store and on the web.